Friday, April 18, 2008

Marriage Compass!

I keep telling my K that the only reason I married him is 'coz he can make me laugh - no matter what the circumstance..and he re-affirmed it yet again!

Yesterday he innocently asked me if he could have an Egg dish the next day..In view of the fact that it was a Friday and we had mutually decided long back that no egg dishes would ever be cooked on tuesdays and fridays.. i went on a tirade of how it was just like him to be insensitive and not take such things seriously and so on and so forth.. he let me run my steam and said 'ok.. that means no egg dish tomorrow' - and went back to what he was doing..

The best part is that today - on Friday - I forget it is a Friday and ask him if he would like an egg dish - he turned fully towards me and repeated every word, re-enacted every intonation and every head thrust and stopped exactly where I did yesterday!.. and I burst out laughing uproariously.. Was I indeed so melo-dramatic, so hysterical and petty for such a small misdemeanour? Why, I never thought of myself to be such a drama queen! Next time, for sure I shall stop and think before I work myself into a temper!

You know that the Marriage Compass is pointing right - if as a couple you laugh more than once a day and more so if you are laughing at one of yourself or both!

1 comment:

Shreyash Gupta said...

"In view of the fact that it was a Friday and we had mutually decided long back that no egg dishes would ever be cooked on tuesdays and fridays.. "

You can still cook it the day before and he can have it on Friday / Tuesday. I think that would be acceptable to both of you ;-)