Friday, April 11, 2008

Heat by Michael Mann

Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Val Kilmer, Jon Voight.. an impressive cast. I rented the movie with great expectations. Turned out to be an out and out guy flick.. Lots of 'GO,GO,GO! ' and shoot outs and macho dialogues and what not.. full masala! Al Pacino's flamboyance in this movie reminds of the Tamil hero Vijaykanth! Hubby says am free to call Al -'Al Kanth' just for this one!
Now, dont get me wrong.. am not against flamboyant characterisation..if I think flamboyance suits a guy.. it is John Travolta.. I totally fell for that guy's ability to pull it off in 'Get Shorty'. With Al.. somehow it doesn't fly..

My Rating : 5/10

Also saw Frankie and Johnny by Garry Marshall ( Al again and Michelle Pfeiffer) and The Dirty Dozen by Robert Aldrich ( Lee Marvin and a whole others am not familiar with..)I have nothing much to say about either!

No comments: