Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So.. this is London...

The first thing I noticed is that this city is one with moods of its own.. much like me.. suddenly it is warm and bright and lo and behold there is a gust of wind that will well nigh blow you off.. of course the next thing I noticed is the Teens.. man.. i never thought a day will come when the most feared section of society would be its Teen kids! I land off the flight on to the road and I see a bunch of Teen kids creating a ruckus on the road.. one with a bright silver viking hat to boot! Being the ever curious Indian I peek a little and got shouted at ' Hey Lady.. Dont you stare!'.. What a welcome to the city! And here I am , in the city for just 2 weeks now and all I read in the newspapers is Teen crimes..hmmm.. wonder what 'Freakonomics' has to say about this!! Am sure a study of the statistics would reveal something very interesting about the generation that went by - that resulted in these teens! And given that guns are banned, it is knives that rule the roost.. In a 'Metro' column a teenage kid shares her angst..' Dont stereotype us.. we turn to such stuff because you guys dont offer us anything better to do!' initially i was flabber gasted but when I forced myself to lookat it from her point of view.. hmmm.. may be at her age it is but natural that she cant think beyond this.. atleast she is recognising the problem..anyways.. yet to see the Tube or Madame Tussads.. given that we are going to be here for a while now.. hubby dearest is in no hurry to explore ..no harm done.. i am enjoying the onset of spring.. with the chirping of the birds and green leaves peeping out of hitherto twiggy trees...

No comments: