Thursday, March 20, 2008

Watching me while I decide!

Saw Dil, Dosti etc..The protagonist is as rational as they come.. he merely perceives himself as an audience in the play of life.. an audience who also watches himself! Evaluating... smiling.. lauding.. chiding.. though not too seriously..I guess these are the people that ' Succeed' in terms of wealth, position, power etc.. The completely rational ones with no emotional vulnerabilities.. or atleast very minimal vulnerabilities.. as for me, I have always been emotional about every decision i have made.. no regrets.. but yes.. having a healthy mix of the rational and emotional does seem 'appealing.. so, let me see.. be it the 'Commerce group' decision in 10th std despite the whole world advising otherwise, giving up XLRI, choosing a life partner, choosing and later relinquishing the best friend.. hmmm... everything has been heavy on the emotional side!

So I have now decided to watch myself decide atleast once in a while.. that ways I know if i am taking a emotional or rational call.. this should be interesting.. whats more intriguing than getting to know yourself better! All the best to me!

1 comment:

Shreyash Gupta said...

If you stop and watch yourself to evaluate whether you are taking an emotional or a rational decision - you have already taken a rational one.
The very premise of an emotional decision is that you do not stop and watch - isn't it so?
When do you plan to call?