Saturday, March 22, 2008

Manathil Urudhi Vendum... (A resolute mind I seek..)

To be objective, even when I or my country or my loved ones are involved..
To be able to generously love..even while hurting myself.. for they did so once..
To be able to forgive..and smile and move on..
To be able to give another culture, as much leeway for its evolutionary mistakes as I do for mine..
To be able to acknowledege that yes.. the other is being a better person.. and I can learn from them.. howmuchever I want to believe otherwise..
To think of the way forward.. though Guru Dutt-sque self-pity is so romantically enticing..
To be kind to myself.. knowing fully well I have screwed up.. badly...
To stand up for what is wrong.. but with as much wisdom as courage..
To take calculated risks and not give into the surge of emotion that smacks of 'heroism'..
To be able to start over.. from the context that as long as life beats.. nothing is ever completely over..
To be able to give my body the respect, the care and the difficult discipline of exercise it deserves..
To seek to understand especially when it is so, that it is deliciously sweet to dislike and condemn..
To seek to encourage when it seems so self-righteous to say..' dont bother'...
To remain silent and empathetic when i can easilys say ' I told you so..'
To let go and love from a distance of nowhere and nothing inbetween..

Manadhil urudhi vendum..

No comments: