Monday, December 31, 2018

Day 6 and 7

Day 6 saw me wake up in sniffles but still go to the spa , check out the jacuzzi, the sensory showers, the sauna, halo therapy and Indian head massage with foot message with Himalayan crystals. Still not satisfied, I also went to the beach side tent for back and leg  massage treatment by Sandra - as it had rave reviews. The weather was quiet chilly the whole of this day and I paid dearly for my over enthusiasm. Sandra’s tent had transparent views to the beach (which meant some wind was let in through the plastic curtains )she did a professional job but the wind caught up with me and I fell terribly sick.

K and the young one sensibly enjoyed in the hotel, swimming in the heated indoor pool, resting and enjoying the sea view. 

The next day , day 7 was extremely sunny and while I spent the whole day looking at the sea wistfully from the balcony, K and the young one went swimming and snorkeling in the Calheta beach, looked at fishes, ate dinner, generally had fun and came back to take me for a walk on the stones reaching in to the sea for a 20 minute view of the sunset with some music. 

We ate dinner in the room as I was still sick with fever, cold and body aches.

Day 7 did not start very smoothly. There were some ‘ troubles’ and like we have all done with our parents, the young one said she was walking out on us and went out of the room. I was petrified but did not know if running after her was the right thing to do ( as I am always worried that as a pampered only child she should not grow up to be a spoilt brat), K wanted to give her 5 minutes and then get her back in..in the meanwhile ( ie, within 2 minutes)there was a knock on the door. The young one was back with her anger still carefully managed in her face but piping up childishly ‘ I only came back for my kindle!’. It was obvious, with all the stranger danger stories we had fed her, she had been terrified as well.

We heaved a sigh of relief, hugged her and spoke to her about how though as a family we may have fights , the love and safety a family provides could never be sought or procured elsewhere.  Fights and arguments are ok but walking out on a family is never ok.

At 9 , her anger is still very innocent and her indignant arguments are so funny and cute. But K keeps warning me that I should still try and keep a straight face as, for her, they are all very valid and serious arguments.


No comments: