Saturday, May 28, 2016

My precious daddy

1. 39 year old daddy is going out into the garden to fetch something..6 year old daughter pipes up ' Mummy Daddy is going out without his coat on! He may catch a cold! '. Dear pattuma.. your precious daddy  is much stronger than you think .. and I do not need to hold the coat and get his hands into his sleeves like I do for you!

2. Daddy is fixing the trampoline for his darling daughter now that summer is finally here. The little one comes rushing in. ' Mummy please may I have a band aid?'. ' Why Kannamma? ' . ' Daddy has got a scratch in his hand and it is bleeding. He has not even seen it. I do not want it to hurt! '. Need I say more?

3. Dad is away travelling. I pick her up from school and am driving home. 'So, what did you do at school sweetheart?'. ' I was thinking about daddy and missing him!'

4. This happened when the little one was barely 5 years old. We were at a softplay area and having not able to spot the little one amongst all the other children, dad gets up from our restaurant area and goes to check if his little one is safe. Shoes are not allowed in the soft play area so he removes them at the entrance to the area. While he is searching on one side, the little one comes out through the other side, spots her dad's shoes and brings them over to me saying ' Mummy, these are MY daddy's shoes. Somebody took it there and I have brought it back! '. 

In the meanwhile Daddy comes having not found his daughter and as a bonus, having lost his shoe! ' I did not know even people in this country stole shoes! I am very surprised'. I had to then explain to him that the 'thief' was none other than his own precious darling!

No comments: