Dear thangam
You are 17! Unbelievable!
Your 16th year has been your most hardworking so far. You have sacrificed so many holidays, so many social engagements and fun on trips to buckle down and breakthrough the challenges in your learning journey.
You had a tough time deciding on your career path especially post your work experience. You had 2 weeks of A & E, GP, Surgery (2 hip replacements and 2 C sections!) and you thoroughly enjoyed them. This is on top of your week's work experience abroad. On top of this you had 2 weeks of work experience with a couple of dentists - one n*hs and one private ( a chain). Your heart said the former but your mind said the later. You had clear reasons for both but it is still a tug of war!
You wrapped up your grade 8 singing and was appointed Poet Laureate for your school. You gave your maximum effort and some more, but the results were, as always, only above average and not the absolute best. You are figuring out why and navigating the very tough path between who you are, physically and mentally ( with the diagnosis that has newly come in), with your ambitions and goals.
As always 'Resilience' is your middle name and though there have been tears, your bounce back is quick and sunshiny! I have admired your battles this year and know that this unrelenting grit is going to take you far in life.
You are, as of now preparing for a very important test - as usual, you have given it your all, but yet to have a breakthrough. Despite what the result might be, I am so, so proud of you, your effort, your resilience. Always.
6 plus weeks of summer, with only 'playing with coco' breaks, steady, consistent, gritty effort - I cannot ask for more.
I see you being the lone soldier, fighting long after everybody has relatively easily won their trophies. But fight you do and win you have, in the past - with four times the effort that others need to put in. I trust you this time around too.
All I do ask it to take more care of your health, your diet, your exercise regimen and your grooming. I know you have precious time left for these but please do make the time!
Our relationship still blows hot and cold. We took long walks this summer, in the evenings, after your long days of prep. We opened our hearts to each other and you were more a friend to me on these walks than a daughter. Thank you kuttma, I am going through my toughest phase yet and I needed that.
Our oldest friends have disappointed us a bit this year , but our new set of friends N, S, S and R have rallied around us - especially you. They have celebrated you, cheered you and N's sons have continuously encouraged and cheered you on. As always, we cherish these moments and do not fail to remember that there were times when our oldest friends had done that as well, so it is all good.
Your life path has always been unique. Definitely not 'normal'. Appa and I did not realise that till this year revealed it. We now see what tremendous effort has gone from you in producing each of your achievements. What takes an hour's effort for people like appa and I, takes 4 hours for you and you have always put in 8 hours to bridge the gap!
As always, march to your own drum beat my thangame and I will right by your side cheering you on, every step of the way.
Love you to the moon and back!
Amma
No comments:
Post a Comment